To adequately market your business online, you require a website that portrays your company and your brand. Otherwise, you’re falling behind the present.
According to Forbes, 38% of users will abandon your website if the layout is unattractive. Whether you hire a freelancer or a website development agency, a poor website layout can negatively affect your sales. Consequently, leading to less revenue generated.
Below mentioned are five signs your website is not making the most out of it. If you notice these five signs, it is time for a revamp.
1. Missing focus
When somebody visits a website, they do that for a purpose. Odds are they’re looking for a product or service. In other circumstances, they find a brand that meets their preferences. A website that lacks focus, on the contrary, can leave your visitors feeling perplexed. The minute the site loads, visitors should acquire some idea of who you are and what you do. Otherwise, they’ll spend precious time looking for clarity.
Make sure to showcase your products or services effectively. All the pages of your website should have a definite purpose. Scrutinizing each page with a unique title will accommodate your site visitors to recognize why they should traverse your site instead of someone else’s. Once your product or service provides a clear picture, promote the page with added design elements. For example, you can include recommendations or certifications at the bottom of the page to build brand trustworthiness.
2. Erratic Design
Erratic and inconsistent design leads to a poor website design. When visitants navigate from one page to the next, they anticipate seeing the same recurring components.
If a visitor jumps between pages and finds an entirely new design, they might feel bewildered. In some instances, radically contrasting designs can make visitors think they’re on an entirely different website.
Instead of leaving visitors confused, make sure to keep some elements constant to prevent inadequate web design. These elements include fonts, the layout, color schemes, the header and footer style, and overall branding. Keeping these repetitive elements consistent will subconsciously remind visitors they’re on the same site.
3. Inadequate Navigation
How do website visitors jump from one page to the other? Bad website design makes it challenging for visitors to explore. Without organized navigation, you’re leaving visitors stuck on a particular page.
1. Make sure the nav-bar is clear, apparent, and organized. Too many subpages can leave visitors feeling mislaid. Alternatively, feature the most important pages within your top bar navigation.
2. Make sure visitors can click each navigation link. Check to make sure the navigation headings are correct. You can also supplement a search bar to your site.
3. Adding a sitemap will further aid your visitors in navigating through your website.
4. Poor Image Quality
A substantial number of visitors prefer content that is beautifully curated using good visuals. Adobe concludes in their report, the number to be 66%. To keep this majority on your website, add visually attractive images and elements and let them speak to the visitor for you.
1. To enhance your website design, use better stock images. Instead of using images to fill space on the page, make sure they align with the text and complement your content and draw the eyes towards it.
2. When using pictures and illustrations on your website, make sure they’re high quality instead of pixilated or blurry.
3. The best pathway would be hiring a professional photographer to connect your audience with your products better.
5. Perverse Readability
Typography is crucial for better web design. Using cursive fonts can make your content challenging to read. Tiny text in a conflicting theme can also cause your visitors to squint.
1. Try using fonts with better readability. Using enough space between letters and words can also make paragraphs easy to read.
2. Avoid using too many fonts as well. Multiple fonts can look congested, incompatible, or confusing.
3. Alternatively, conserve the cleanliness and make sure the content is readable.
4. You can also use shorter sentences and smaller paragraphs. When in doubt, use the Yoast app to improve your writing style for readability.